Did you know that over 90% of customers read reviews before visiting a business in person? Nowadays, social proof is an essential component that turns potential customers into your biggest fans. After all, you can write whatever you want about your business, but there’s no guarantee that you’re telling the truth. That’s why, to show potential customers how great your products and services are, you need stellar testimonials to back up your claims!
Why should you care about getting 5-star reviews
The best thing about reviews? They’re more nuanced than a simple rating. Most reviews go beyond a simple assessment, evaluating your business at every step along the way. This nuance allows for some wiggle room when customers are deciding whether or not to pay you a visit. Maybe a few negative reviews were misattributed to your business, or one of your employees had an off day.
Bad reviews happen to the best of us, no matter how beloved your business is. That’s why it’s important to put work into generating positive reviews that offset bad experiences. After all, 95% of people say they’re likely to share a negative experience, while only 87% of people would be likely to share a positive experience when asked.
To get customers to look past bad reviews and see the beauty of your business, you need to generate some 5-star reviews! Positive feedback aside, a solid star rating (above a 4.0, but preferably higher) will get you the attention (and nuance-seeking eyes) you deserve in the first place.
How to get more reviews
As nice as it would be to wait for the reviews to trickle in on their own, waiting around won’t get you any closer to a 5-star rating. Here are a few preliminary strategies you can use to generate more 5-star reviews:
- Ask your customers directly: Don’t be shy! Only around 10% of people leave a review without a reminder. Whether you ask your customers in person, over text, by email, or via social media, asking them directly is always the best route to actually getting a review.
- Asking for reviews is all in the timing: Of course, asking for a review requires tact and discernment. Don’t just randomly burst into their inbox asking for a review months after they visited your store. Time your ask so their experience is still fresh in their minds!
- Always respond to reviews: Responding to reviews shows customers that you care about their experience, whether it was good or bad. Monitoring your reviews and consistently responding will encourage your customers to boost your business with a great review!
- Ask for reviews on various channels: Whether it’s an email campaign or a social post, a periodic push is sometimes needed to get the reviews you deserve! For methods like email campaigns, use your CRM to track who you’ve sent requests to.
- Post signage in your stores: Make it easy for customers to leave a review as they leave by posting QR codes in your store or office. That way, customers can easily scan and be taken directly to Yelp, TripAdvisor, Google, or another review site.
How to make review acquisition easier with Synup
We know that managing and getting reviews can be… a lot.
Luckily, we have some tricks up our sleeves that will help you get more 5-star reviews and outrank your competitors on sites like Google, TripAdvisor, Yelp, and more! With Synup, you can:
- Automate review requests to customers
- Automatically respond to reviews
- And more!
The great news: automating tasks like review management will seriously improve both your productivity and your online reputation! By maintaining your reviews and consistently responding to reviews, you’ll signal to new customers that you care about their experience. This will help them have a better impression of your business while encouraging them to leave a review of their own (since they know how much you value them). Everybody wins!
Automate review requests by integrating Synup with your CRM
It’s best practice to ask customers for reviews right after they visit your business. It makes sense: the experience is fresh in their mind, so it’s easy for them to share their experience.
Unfortunately, manually asking customers for reviews can get tedious. To be done consistently, you need someone on top of things. But, in our opinion, that’s a task best left to someone else. Enter: the Synup platform!
Here’s how it works.
Head over to the “Reviews” tab on the platform and click on “Review Acquisition”
From there, you can integrate your CRM and then set up automated review automation. (PS - you can also do it without integrating your CRM if you have an email/phone number list!)
Click on “Acquire New Reviews” to set up review requests for your customers. You can either send an email, text, or create a static review page to direct customers to.
After you craft your message, you can either input customer data manually, link your request to your CRM, or attach a file with your customer information.
Then, your list will receive the request to review your business. If they rate it 4 or 5 stars, they’ll be directed to a review site of your choosing. If they give you a negative rating, you’ll receive their feedback privately.
And there you have it! Get ready for the reviews to start flowing in.
Generate more 5-star reviews with Synup!
With these automations on your side, you’ll be rolling in 5-star reviews in no time.
Generating more reviews is essential to stay at the top of industry rankings on sites like Google, Yelp, and more. While a simple rating can never explain the nuance of your business, it’s an essential first step to getting customers excited about your products or services.
93% of customers say that a business’ star rating impacts their purchase decision. Ensure you make a good impression with a solid star rating right out of the gate!